The bottom line is, if you are an artist or an aspiring artist think about creating some speculative art and sending it to us.
Some highlights from the Art Submissions Guidelines page include:
- We are currently accepting art submissions for our 2013 and 2014 issues.
- Please do not submit the same artwork more than once.
- Please submit artwork separately from stories.
- We will consider any picture with a speculative fiction element for issue cover art.
No over-the-top sex or violence, or fan fiction characters or settings, please.
- We pay $20 for each piece of artwork we publish. We buy first-printing world exclusive rights for four months and non-exclusive rights thereafter. Please note this means we want art that has not been published elsewhere. Payment will be made shortly after publication using PayPal.
- To submit your art to Electric Spec, e-mail it as an attachment to submissions at electricspec (dot) com. Use the following subject line: ART SUBMISSION: Title by Artist's Name. We prefer standard electronic formats such as jpeg or gif files.
What's that? You've never created art? Now's your chance...