Unfortunately, our late publication of this issue means we are a bit behind with the upcoming marvelous May 31, 2014 issue. Thus, we are neck-, no, eye-deep, in the slush pile. What does this mean to you, our potential authors? It means we are a bit behind in letting you know if you advance to hold-for-voting or if you need to try again with another story. Sorry. :(
However, please do not email us and ask what the status of your story is. Despite having five(!) editors, we simply do not have the human resources to deal with queries about your queries.
Please also follow our submission rules outlined here.
Thanks! Following these rules makes things move along more efficiently.
Here's a little reminder of upcoming deadlines:
- We close to submissions for the May 31 edition on April 15, 2014. Note: this is coming up!
- We'll email all potential authors with a no-thanks or a hold-for-voting by approximately May 1, 2014.
- We'll have our production meeting around May 1, 2014.
- We'll email hold-for-voting authors by very approximately May 7, 2014.
- We'll edit stories for the May 31 issue from approx May 7 through May 31, 2014.
- We go live with the next issue May 31, 2014! :)