20 June 2017

summer reading

It feels like summer here in the U.S. Rocky Mountains and in summer my thoughts turn to ...reading. It's probably a legacy from having summer vacations off of school, but I've always done extra reading in the summertime. How about you?

I made a list of books I'd like to read and consulted my local library. Lo and behold, they had most of them. I picked many of them up and have been happily reading ever since. (And, yes, libraries are awesome--but that's a post for another time.)

If you are frugal like me, there's another excellent source of free fiction. Yes, you guessed it: Electric Spec. We have twelve years of super stories posted! They are all still there. For example, one of our first stories, ever, was "Stanley Kubric Channels Cheech and Chong" by Bruce Golden.
Check out the archives! (And let me know of any bad links.)

Send us your story, and who knows? Maybe someone will read it online in summer 2029!

No comments: