Scientists think people can train themselves to be more creative.
- Brainstorm, but don't stop at your first ideas.
- Don't listen to your 'inner-editor.' Accept all ideas without judgement.
- Allow yourself plenty of time. Don't worry about running out of ideas.
- Make use of downtime. Let your subconscious work behind the scenes.
- Give yourself a comfortable place to create. This might include things like scented candles or a soft chair.
- Go outside. Scientists have proved nature de-stresses us. Consider even turning off all your devices.
- Practice makes perfect. Make it a habit to create.
Good luck training your muse!
Next week I'll talk about the production meeting. Take care!