The submission deadline for the fabulous February 28, 2021 issue is Jan 15, 2021. Get those stories in! Of course, we'll be accepting subs for the next issue after that.
As you may or may not have noticed, some editors have already been going through slush. Some have not yet--but they will soon.
I have read a lot of stories already for this upcoming issue.
I have some tips (although I'm not sure that any of these are new):
- Do obey our submission rules. Email your rtf file as an attachment. Do include a submission letter. Do use between 250 and 7000 words.
- Do include a speculative element.
- Do not start your story with the protag waking up.
- Do earn your murder(s). If you do include one or more murders, try to make them interesting or unique. I'm pretty tired of the standard husband/boyfriend murdering his wife/girlfriend.
- Do have correct grammar and spelling. (A couple mistakes is no big deal.)
- Do try to write something fresh and unique.