17 August 2021

From Artist Quinn

We're exited to feature "Lady of the Sword" by Brian Malachy Quinn for the awesome August 2021 issue of Electric Spec. Brian tells us about the piece:
"Lady of the Sword" is one in a series I did of lady knights. Beautiful women that are also lethal. I tend to do series with a general theme – whatever is causing the neural synapses of my brain to fire. Like when Covid hit in March of 2020, and I did, I think seven lion paintings (some quite large) to avoid watching the mounting body count as we entered the Apocalypse. For my speculative art, I try to put some time and effort into the backgrounds to make them memorable, but I think I bit off more than I could chew with this one as I spent way too much time on the background of this one.

Thanks, Brian! Very interesting!
And without further ado, here's a sneak peek:

No comments: