31 January 2023

Production Meeting Notes

Winter is packing a wallop here in the U.S. Rocky Mountains! We recently had our production meeting for the fabulous February 2023 issue of Electric Spec and the weather was so bad, we had to do virtual! Yes, snowing. Yes, temps near zero degrees Fahrenheit. Ugh.

It's always intriguing to see the variety, or lack thereof, in hold-for-voting story themes/topics we get for a particular issue. This time there were multiple apocalyptic and post-apocalyptic world stories. Read into that what you will. As editors, we were not feeling it for the post/apocalyse.
Curiously, we had more than one finalist story featuring twins...
Next week, I'll start blogging about our exciting new issue right here!

At the meeting we also had a discussion about AI-generated prose and art. Bottom line: don't submit this to Electric Spec. We will be amending our submission page to reflect this.

We have been having trouble with authors not receiving our rejection or acceptance emails. Please check your spam and junk folders.
All editors will contact their authors with the good news and contracts by the end of this week. All rejections have been sent out. Thus, if you submitted within the Feb 2023 issue window and don't hear from us by the end of this week...possibly your email software shunned our message. :(

Take care and stay warm!

1 comment:

Swann Designs said...

I submitted a story in November and never got a response. I was very worried about querying because it states very clearly not to. I have checked my spam folders and nothing. I am now worried you never received my story in the first place. I don't want to bug anyone if it's still under consideration, but after checking around and finding your blog, I'm starting to second-guess what I should do.
Is there someone I can contact?
Thank you
Erin