29 August 2024

From Author Crawford

We are pleased the author of "Zombie Processes", Richard S. Crawford, in the awesome August 2024 issue of Electric Spec,sent us some comments about the story:

This story emerged pretty much entirely as is, from the beginning to the end, during a day-long work meeting. I was taking notes in a notebook, and suddenly thought... What if a zombie was a computer programmer? Add in my interest in obscure brain dysfunctions, and there it was!

The worst part, though, was coming up with a title, until I remembered that zombie processes are a thing in Unix-based operating systems. Once I had that, the story was complete. I am so happy that this story has found a good home!



Interesting! Thanks, Richard!
Readers, be sure to check out all the August 2024 stories!

No comments: