29 July 2010

Time Travel

We the Editors of Electric Spec have been known to publish a time travel story or two, for example, see Lee Harvey's Assistants by Mark D. West in our last issue. Personally, I find time travel fascinating--the idea, I've never actually tried it myself. :)

Imagine my delight when I came across: Mind Meld: The Tricky Trope of Time Travel at www.sfsignal.com . This article asks SF authors and experts such as Paul Levinson, Gwyneth Jones, Ted Chaing, and Robert Charles Wilson the questions:

  • Why use time travel?
  • What stories have used it well?
Their responses are very interesting.

What do you all think of time travel?

In the meantime, keep sending those stories in, and yes, we will consider time travel ones! :)

1 comment:

ssas said...

In the end I think a lot of time travel stories amount to portal stories, which is the biggest Spec Fic trope of all, and for good reason. Give the reader someone they can identify with and put them in interesting places.