24 November 2020

from Author Atkinson

We're excited to publish Dor Atkinson's fantasy "Frost" in our November 30, 2020 issue of Electric Spec. She sent us some comments about writing:


Making art as a theatre director and a writer has gotten me through some difficult times. It has also afforded me an education because every time I consider a new story and characters, I have to think deeply about the human condition. Researching, creating, and sharing stories has helped me grow and become a better person.

Myths, social issues, and my own dreams and memories provide lots of writing fuel for me. I love writing speculative fiction because it’s an opportunity for me to view the world through a fractured lens and maybe, strangely, see things more clearly.


Thanks, Dor!
Readers, be sure to check out all the new stories at the end of this month!

No comments: