29 March 2022

Writing is beneficial

My writing group has had numerous discussions during the last two years about the benefits of writing. There are tons of articles, etc. about this. For example, see "Writing Can Improve Mental Health" over at The Conversation.
Of relevance for this venue, creative writing can be very beneficial. Short stories can explore a myriad of scenarios and help authors deal with their thoughts and feelings. I've read stories related to the Black Lives Matter movement and to the global pandemic. Such stories can help authors decide what actions they want to take now and in the future.
I've written spec fic 'feel good' stories about how I wish things were right now. Some of them have revisited some of my favorite original characters. These aren't necessarily going to be published, but they make me feel better.

We're accepting stories for the marvelous May 2022 issue of Electric Spec through April 15, 2022.

No comments: