28 June 2022

Put it on the page

We are working hard behind-the-scenes on the awesome August 2022 issue of Electric Spec.
I've been reading a lot of slush. A few times recently I've been quite confused about what happened in a story or what a story meant. I think in those cases, the author had a wonderful story in his/her mind but it didn't quite all make it to the page. In that case, unfortunately, we're going to pass on a story. You don't want to confuse your editors!
Luckily, this is an easy problem to solve. Have a friend, relative or writing partner read the story and then ask them: What happened? If your reader can't tell you, you probably need to put more on the page. (We've all been there.)
Good luck with putting it on the page!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello ES Magazine. I've been trying to submit a short story using several different iterations of 'submissions at electricspec (dot) com', including submissions at electricspec (dot) com, submissions@electricspec.com, submissionsatelectricspec.com, submissions at electricspec.com etc. It's likely I'm hopelessly obtuse, but it's also possible there's some other reason. Can you help me out?