09 May 2023

From Artist King

We are excited to feature original art "Argyle Cat" by E.E./Elizabeth Eve King for our May 2023 cover. The artist was kind enough to send along some comments about the piece:

White reflects all color. Look at a "white" wall and concentrate. You will see browns, blues, yellows, magentas, and infinite shades of reality.

All colors absorb light reflecting a single hue back to the observer, except black. Black absorbs all light. It rarely occurs in nature, and only then in minerals. I never use black paint, instead I use mixtures of umber, acra and phalo blue which look dark, but unlike black draws the viewer into the painting.

In my work, I make details as intrinsic a part of the painting as the focal point. By emphasizing the details that form the whole, I emphasize the mood. Since emotion is shaped by the totality, my pieces focus on emotion. And life is neither emotionally, nor visually simple.



Very interesting! Thanks a lot!
And without further ado, here's a sneek peak:

No comments: