In the meantime, one of the founders of Electric Spec, Renata Baron Hill, suggested we blog about the Narrative Prompt Story Glove. It's used for brainstorming new stories. You can see a nice picture of it here: instagram.com/p/gXprv3jFgO.
Here are some highlights:
- Grabber: Begin with an opening or sentence that hooks the reader.
- Conflict: What problems or dilemma does the main character face in the story?
- Action: Move the story along. What are 2 or 3 events that happen while trying to solve the conflict?
- Solution: How is the conflict of the story finally solved?
- Takeaway: Wrap it all up. What did the main character learn or how did his/her life change?