23 August 2022

From Author Bonanno

We are excited to feature "For The Love of Earth: It's not over til it's over" by Author Dawn Bonanno in the awesome August 2022 issue of Electric Spec. Dawn was kind enough to send along some comments about the story.

A lot of my stories are born of the 'what if' question, plus something warm and fuzzy. In this one, an elephant is our warm and fuzzy, and proof of what humanity can do when it chooses: taking care of each other. Some people call me naïve. I call it having faith in my people.

However this world formed (take your pick: science, religion, or a combination of both), like everything that has a beginning, it will eventually endure its end. No one wants to think about that, but considering everything that's happened in the past 50 years, I did just that in writing For the Love of Earth.

When considering our end, the questions of utmost important are how, why, and when. I won't address those possibilities today, but instead, I call upon humankind. We have accomplished too much, overcome so many challenges, that if we just all turn our focus to saving our world, we can do it. There are enough people who love our world, our home, that we can slow down the damage done to our planet. We have time to heal the wounds. Not much, I understand, but it isn't too late. Not yet.

As in my story, the 'hourglasses' of water and trees hold the world up, but what holds it together is love. Love for human kind, love for the gentle and fierce creatures that we share this world with, and love for the very Earth itself. Many of us the share passions of the guardians in this story. I look forward to the day when we can celebrate Earth's revival together.




Thanks, Dawn! Very interesting!
Be sure to check out "For The Love of Earth" and all the rest of the stories on August 31, 2022!

No comments: