- Read read quality spec and non-spec fiction
- Pay attention and take notes you never know when an idea might strike
- Master the basics
- Create a complete, vivid story good stories integrate (1) a compelling character (2) in a fascinating setting (3) overcoming vast difficulties (4) by his or her own efforts and (5) achieving a worthwhile goal.
- Reach for the stars write your best story
- Beware of infatuation gain emotional distance so you can revise
- Be open to criticism
- Be--or pretend to be--a professional identify markets, follow submission guidelines, proofread, etc.
- Reward yourself
- Never, never, never quit
I couldn't have said it better myself! :)
Keep sending Electric Spec your stories!