22 April 2008

Re: meme

Bets, one of our editors and also the keeper of the not-so-secret identity Sex Scenes at Starbucks, informed me that I have to do a "me me." Knowing her secret identity, but not being familiar with a "me me", I figured it was something kinky. Not so. Turns out it is a blog chain letter sort of thing. I'm willing to go along to a point, but, as it turns out, I don't know six bloggers I can "me me" back, so I'll be one of those dead end links.

Anyhow, six random facts about myself:

1. When I was around 18 years old, I was pulled over by the police as a suspect in a bank robbery. They got really nervous when I reached down to unbuckle my seatbelt. Apparently, bank robbers are not good about "clicking for safety."



2. In college, I was approached by the police for suspicious broomball activity. Apparently, walking down the street with a broom covered in duct tape is a suspicious activity.



3. I have studied four different martial arts, but I don’t remember much about any of them. So, go ahead, kick by butt.



4. I’m a Unitarian Universalist. I don’t have all the answers, but if you need questions, I’m your guy!



5. The first story I ever wrote was a story about giant red shoe. Good to know my brain worked funny even back in third grade. (And thanks, Mom, for saving the story).



6. In college, I used to woo chicks with my singing/songwriting abilities. As my wife will be happy to confirm, my chick wooing days are over, but I still occasionally play some guitar.



4 comments:

ssas said...

guitar???

I never knew. See? This was a good thing.

I'm sensing the need for live entertainment at our next production meeting...

lesleylsmith said...

The guitar thing surprises me, too. Wait; are you kidding? As for the cop interest...I knew you were a suspicious criminal type. Now, I think you're the one who stole my pen at the last editor's meeting!
As for the me-me thing, I'm not that interesting--not sure I'll do it.

David E. Hughes said...

Not kidding--I really do play the guitar. And a bit of piano to boot.

Barrie said...

Very fun meme answers. I got tagged for this one too, but haven't done it yet. Tomorrow? :)

Hmmm....and it looks as though the police are/were keeping an eye on you. :)