17 August 2023

From Artist Quinn

We're excited to feature another piece of art from Brian Malachy Quinn, "Dragon Kingdom." Brian was kind enought send along a few words about his piece...

"Dragon Kingdom" was a piece I did in a recent series of fantasy art. I generally do that in one type of genre when I have some sort of inspiration from a dream or see a striking image. This was inspired by a worker at a grocery store I frequent that had just gotten a dragon tattoo on his forearm that does designs for skateboards and we share our work from images from our phones. The tattoo had very vibrant, contrasting colors and the greens really were beautifully prominent. When I was in high school, I was into the whole Dungeons and Dragons craze and created a lot of fantasy art and it really helped me through those difficult years – all that teenage angst. I would come home from school and paint for hours - barbarians, elves, dragons, wizards - all the wonderful denizens of that world– it soothed my soul. So, fantasy art has a deep and cherished place in my heart.

Thanks, Brian! Very interesting! Without further ado, here's a tiny sneak peek at our cover art for the August 2023 issue of Electric Spec:

No comments: