08 August 2023

From Author Daley

We are excited to announce one of our featured stories in the awesome August 2023 Electric Spec is "King For A Day" by Ray Daley. Ray was kind enough to send us some comments about the story:

This story was written when I was exploring a period of creating stories involving the topic of homelessness. As I'm a veteran myself, I wondered what life would be like for someone who'd left the military and had no money or anywhere to live. How would they survive, or could they? Setting this in the future on the edge of the known universe gave me room to play with a little, and once I had the idea of the loophole, this came together fairly easily. According to my archive copy, this was written on May 29th 2015. It looks like I wrote quite a few stories that month, but oddly enough left no records regarding this one on Facebook.

Interesting! Thanks, Ray! Be sure to check out all the new stories on Aug 31, 2023!

No comments: