We have started working on the new issue, in particular, on stories in the slush pile. We periodically get requests for story feedback from editors. Sorry! We can't do that except... right here! So here you go:
- Be wary of starting your story with the protagonist waking up. (We see this A LOT.)
- Do submit your story as an attachment in the correct format.
- Do include a cover letter with the word count. There is no need to summarize the story. If the editor can't figure it out...not good.
- Do include some kind of speculative element in your story.
- Do write something original and unique.
- Do read earlier versions of the ezine so you know what we like. The good news is: they're free!
We'll probably include more tips right here next week.
Good luck with your writing!